ETF Tax Tracking SS

50andOut

Hi All

With all the discussions and commentary on ETF's and the deemed disposal tax headache, I have never been able to find a simple spreadsheet to track the purchases and tax that would be due.

To date I was thinking of just purchasing 1x or 2x a year to minimise the hassle and calculations involved, but I figured its not that complicated to calculate once its tracked effectively and I would prefer to invest monthly.

I have pulled together a spreadsheet which I think will do the task - would appreciate any input into this and obviously if it works then it could be useful for others on here. I have completed with dummy data for now so I could follow the workings and logic.

50+O

Attachments

• ETF Puchase Tracker.xlsx
    37.4 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
I've done a fair bit of reading on ETF's lately but I've never come across the 'mid-year value' method of calculating tax on ETF's - is it Revenue approved?
I can't check on Revenue's website because the spreadsheet is currently unavailable as it's being updated.

I always assumed - using your spreadsheet as an example - if you bought 18 units on say 10th January 2021, you are deemed to dispose 18 units on 10th January 2029 at the price on that exact day only. Although I'm not sure if you use that day's open or close price.

Back