Etf platform ireland

Paul O'Hanlon

Hi there,
What is the cheapest platform to buy index funds in Ireland? How much is the exit tax? Can you access the Vanguard platform in Ireland?

Q1 - no idea
Q2 41%
Q3 - no idea but if you mean can you legally purchase Vanguard funds in Ireland, then I think the answer is no, they are not marketed to Irish or EU Investors

Q1 - no idea
Q2 41%
Q3 - no idea but if you mean can you legally purchase Vanguard funds in Ireland, then I think the answer is no, they are not marketed to Irish or EU Investors
Thanks so muck for getting back to me so promptly, much appreciate it.

Q1 - no idea
Q2 41%

Q3 - Completely incorrect. The US version of their funds/ ETFs aren't but they do have European versions.

If the OP is looking for index strategies, there are tons of other index providers as well. If he's looking for low cost, DeGiro is pretty cheap.

I would advise for him to do his homework first as if you don't know the answers to the questions asked, you should be careful of starting to trade yourself. There are thousands upon thousands of funds/ ETFs available. It's quite easy to end up buying the wrong one.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back