Et Cetera for Eurovision - get it right

PetPal

Was watching the National Song Contest last night. As regards the winner, Et Cetera, leaving aside the merits or otherwise of the song itself, the girls sang "Ek" Cetera (as opposed to "Et"). Did anybody else notice? It sounded awful. They'd want to get that right before we go to Russia or we'll be a laughing stock, if not already!

Aaargh! One of my pet hates. And it's unfortunately a very common mistake.
Yes it has always been a pet hate of mine too and I notice it's very common. However, and this is the key, surely to goodness at some stage during the whole process someone should have noticed this?! I mean I'm betting that a huge number of people have already heard this group singing this song (the composers, arrangers, technical people and then the RTE people/judges) long before we did, and I can't believe that nobody spotted this. It's so obvious to anybody with two ears (or even one!). I wonder if they'll send it off to Russia as is? Wouldn't surprise me. Think I'll have to give RTE a call.

Blimey! that songs pretty bad :(

Defo sounds like "ecedera" they're singing
Absolukely brutal. The intro is great but the vocals are way too loud compared to the music. And I can't believe we're posting about the Eurovision!!!!!!!!! Shame on us. :D

Was watching the National Song Contest last night. As regards the winner, Et Cetera, leaving aside the merits or otherwise of the song itself, the girls sang "Ek" Cetera (as opposed to "Et"). Did anybody else notice? It sounded awful. They'd want to get that right before we go to Russia or we'll be a laughing stock, if not already!

I presume you are extracting the urine... If your not, then........

A few years back a group dressed like Klingons and carrying axes won. I doubt the Russians will care if its pronounced Ek or Et.
I sure as hell don't.

Its a clever ploy to entice votes from the Baltic / Eastern Countries. Excedera, Excedera Myster Bond

I presume you are extracting the urine... If your not, then........

A few years back a group dressed like Klingons and carrying axes won. I doubt the Russians will care if its pronounced Ek or Et.
I sure as hell don't.
Wasn't extracting the urine. Nor was I particularly advocating that anybody should care about Eurovision ... or Russians .... or singing. Nor am I surprised that you "as hell don't" care, etc! I was simply making the valid point that we should endeavour to get things right rather than wrong if at all possible. Is that awful of me?!!

Apart from the pronunciation, it's an absolutely brutal song. I don't think many people will notice the mispronunciation as they'll surely have their hands over their ears while it's on. Irland, nil points.

Back