Estimate to fix paintwork damage on wheel arch

gianni

I've some minor damage on my wheel arch where the paintwork was scraped against a bollard. No dents or metal showing. Just general scuffing in an area about the size of half an A4 piece of paper. But when I try to get a quote for repairs I'm always told that it'd have to be brought in to be assessed.

Having never had this type of work done before I'm really just looking for ball park estimates. I can understand why the professionals want to see the damage before quoting so I'm hoping some AAMers might have had similar repairs done in the past and might be able to give an indication of what they paid for a paint touch-up. The car is a 6 year old FIAT so I'm debating whether it's worthwhile getting the job done!

Thanks

"Chips Away" (and others) will do this kind of cosmetic painting onsite for you.

Budget €150 (?)

Someone damaged the wheel arch on my wife's 2 year old car (slightly dinted and some paint removed). I got matching paint from the car dealer (€12), touched it up and haven't looked at it since. I just couldn't be bothered with claims & quotes hassle for minor damage, although maybe that's cause I have no interest in cars.