Estate in Kinnegad

Potblack

A family member is looking to purchase property (FTB) in Kinnegad. Looking at two estates Heathfield & Riverside. Both have pros and cons but as they work in Dublin they do not have local knowledge. They will be communting to Dublin, but luckily work shifts so most of the time will be outside rush hour(s) Anybody any views/experiences on the Estates, the Town and the commute

The commute could be nasty. Heading straight in by Lucan its absolute mayhem if caught in rush hour.

Heathfield is slightly older than Heathfield Close and is more settled.There are alot of houses in the close are rented and it is not as nice as the original estate.Manorfield has the same problem and can look more like a truck stop than a housing estate IMHO.I heard of problems with Riverside .This was the first of the new housing estates in Kinnegad and i would say a full survey would be a good idea they are about 10 years old and i personaly know that 2 have had to be underpinned.Heathfield and Heathfield Close would be 'nicer' than Riverside .Kinnegad has improved a lot since the bypass and there is alot of developement in the village the Hilamar is a nice hotel restaurant a huge improvemnet to 'Harrys' which it replaced.There are 12 new retail units underconstruction at the mo this will change the village, for the better.The commute is not the worst, you can do Lucan at off peak in 30 mins on toll road 40-45 mins on old road.Even at peak hours you will bet to lucan quick but lucan to town at rushhour is a disaster.Kinnegad to Dublin center off peak is possible in an hour.In the morning if you leave Kinnegad at 6 you will be in town by 7.30 leave at 7 it will be 9 at best.Make sure you take into account the extra fuel and tolls in the commute .