Estate Agents - South City

Newbie!

We've just had our house valued by three estate agents located in Dublin south city. We've considered their fees, had a look at other houses (house descriptors and photography) on their books and have been trying to monitor house valuations and actual sale prices via myhome and ppr. I know I cannot have an open discussion about estate agents on this site but I wonder if people have specifically bad experiences with an estate agent, could they pm me? I presume the positive experiences can be shared here?

Hey Newbie!
Without being specific, I would recommend you pick the agent you like the most - personally. At the end of the day it comes down to who you trust. They are going to be a regular in your house, advising you on your most important financial decision and guiding you through a potentially stressful process.

Who did you meet and who did you like most on a gut level?

Marketing is much in a muchness between most of the agents. So long as you are on Daft.ie and MyHome.ie you will reach all the most active buyers out there. Don't get suckered into being told you HAVE to have an ad in the newspaper. They don't sell property, only the agents (unless you're over say €750,000 values then it's may be worth it).

That's about it. I'm an agent myself, I won't pitch for business, but I am happy to give advice on who to choose.

Good luck.

Thanks for this. Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply until now. I appreciate your honesty here and we have met one estate agent whom we're felt some rapport with. Others I must admit, were unprofessional, scatty and unprepared. If you would like to pitch for the business, please do pm me your details.
thanks.