Estate Agent fees

Lambchops65

Hi there,

Quick question regarding estate agents comission and fees. I have an estate agent working for me. He is selling a few plots of land and a small property. It is all part of probate. I received his fee breakdown last week and I have a question.

He is charging 2% comission + outlays, advertisements etc + 23% Vat. Is it standard practice to charge this on both the land sales and the property sale? So 2% + fees (x 2)

Thanks for your help

He's the estate agent and we are at the end of the process.
No, his frees were included with solicitors and I am only getyting them broken out now ( I asked so many times)

"Is it standard practice to charge this on both the land sales and the property sale? "

Sorry- that is not clear.

Are you suggesting that you should not pay 2% on each property/piece of land sold?

Or that you should not pay advertising costs for each property/piece of land sold?

It is usual for outlays to be clearly broken down so there should be no duplication?

mf

cart before the horse, I suspect and trying to close the stable door ....

You should have really got the breakdown before you ever agreed to them selling for you, usually a contract too. But it sounds right if the land & property are separate.

He is charging 2% comission + outlays, advertisements etc + 23% Vat. Is it standard practice to charge this on both the land sales and the property sale? So 2% + fees (x 2)

The question make no sense.

Whatever is spent on advertising and outlays is a cost.

If he charges commission at 2% on land and property together, or, 2% on the land and 2% on the property. It comes to the same thing.

Reactions: Leo