ESP Problem with VW GOLF

rosco

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a similiar problem to me . Six months ago I bought an 06 VW Golf 1.6 FSI with18, 000 mls on the clock having 2 full services.Two weeks ago the ESP light on the dash would not go off . I had the car diagnosed by a mechanic , problem being with a brake sensor . cost of replacement €2000 YES TWO THOUSAND EURO. I contacted VW IRL but they would not assist me as the car was first imported into UK .I then contactedVW UK and after an exchange of emails they refused to assist me as the car is outside the UK3year warranty period
Surely a car ,esp a VW, should not encounter a fault like this so early in its life?
Any help or suggestions welcome

This is a notorious problem with the Golf Mark V and other Volkswagen Group cars based on the Golf Mark V platform. I had the same problem with my 2.5 year old car (yes, just out of warranty) and had to cough up €1k of a €1200 bill. VW paid only €200 :mad:. Otherwise the car would be unsalable.

Needless to say, VW have lost a previously loyal customer.

ANN1 many thanks for the very informative website you mentioned re ESP problems. Breakdabank- sorry to hear of you having similiar problems . For replacing the problem unit you seem to have gotten a good deal at €1200 considering the quote Iwas given. Im getting an official VW Diagnostic Test and quote done on the car and when I get results I will post details of same .
Like you VW is going to lose another customer in me .Safe Driving with your ESP.

Another car based on this golf that has this problem is the touran.

We managed for years without these esp and abs. I think you'd survive a few weeks without it.

Back