Esker Parish Lucan

censuspro

I never heard of Esker Parish in Lucan until yesterday when I seen a house on daft. From what I've been told St. Mary's Parish was the better parish to be in for getting kids into local schools. Can anyone tell me a bit about Esker Parish and if it is something to consider if buying a house.

Esker Parish is the area around Superquinn. It covers Hillcrest, Canonbrook, AGP, St Finians, Finnstown, Westbury and part of Adamstown.

The schools are great. St Thomas & St Annes for primary and Lucan CC for secondary plus walking distance to the village and its at the start of the bus route.

Esker Parish is the area around Superquinn. It covers Hillcrest, Canonbrook, AGP, St Finians, Finnstown, Westbury and part of Adamstown.

The schools are great. St Thomas & St Annes for primary and Lucan CC for secondary plus walking distance to the village and its at the start of the bus route.

Thanks for the reply. Estate agents reckon it's better to be in St. Mary's what do you think?

I believe there is bigger choice in St. Marys but the schools in Esker Parish have a very good reputation.

My children attend St.Thomas's and Scoil Aine in Esker Parish. (The junior and senior primary schools opposite Superquinn).

Both schools are excellant.

The community college also has a very good reputation. There is an issue at the moment with places in the Community College and the primary schools are not feeder schools into the Community College. That will be changed soon so if you have young children and you pick an estate close to the schools you shouldn't have any difficulties with places.

The Lucan LUAS will terminate at these schools. The first tram is due in 2016......but I wouldn't BANK on it!

Back