Esb

Joe1234

I just got my latest esb bill today and looking at the leaflet that comes with it, it states that esb metres are read 4 times a year. I get 6 bill per year (every 2 months), so does this mean that twice every year the esb estimate my usage without even bothering to TRY to read my metre?

In recent experience, our ESB usage is estimated more often than actually read.
Always check the reading on your bill with the reading on the meter. Our most recent bill was over estimated by 200+ units.

With regard to the ESB bill issue I have registered our units on-line in the past and have still received an estimated bill. I have found their call and register your units system to be more efficient but have just resorted to calculating the approx. units myself from the meter and making a payment based on this. This normally corrects the problem without having to contact them.

After receiving estimated bill after estimated bill, and the ESB changing my direct debits more than 4 times in the space of 6 months (I'm on a monthly equalizer bill), I resorted to checking the meter myself. Then averaging out over the cost of the year what my ESB costs me. Then rang customer complaints and held them to the price that I reckon our ESB bill will cost us per month.

Funnily enough, it's worked and I haven't had a problem since and we're not owing them any money!

Back