ESB pole errected, no consultation

mkc

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position before or if anyone has any advice to offer. The ESB errected a pole in the garden of my holiday home, without any consultation. There was also some damage caused to the property. They did not inform me of the damage caused.

I am extremely annoyed that they just went onto my property without prior consultation. Any advice greatly appreciated.

mkc.

Have a read:

[broken link removed]

From the document:

"Staff shall take great care to close all gates behind them and not to damage excessively fences or hedges. Any non-self restoring damage done to fences or hedges shall be made good by ESB within one month of agreement and any damage which requires urgent attention shall be made good or rectified within one week of notification .... "

Take photos and act fast!

Thanks for the advice. I am so annoyed that they just went ahead and plonked the pole in the garden without any prior consultation. I think I am more annoyed about that than the actual damage !!! Were they not tresspassing ?

No ... they weren't. The ESB have a right to enter private property ... read the document I linked to as it will explain it better than I can.

I understand your annoyance as I, too, would be annoyed if they plonked a pole right in the middle of the garden of my getaway retreat.

I had a similar experience at my 'normal' home when the ESB workers actually moved the pole from just inside my garden to a position along the boundary so that it doesn't impact on me now. I was just lucky to be there at the time and they were reasonable about the matter. They were replacing the pole at the time.

Back