ESB meter door is damaged

morpheus

Just closed on the purchase of a second hand house.

When taking the reading last night, I noticed that the ESB meter door hinges are damaged.

Who is responsible for the maintenance on this and ultimately the cost? Me, the ESB, the estates management company?

Worth checking out management company, are they not responsible for all 'outside' the properties. Might save yourself 25 quid

Trying to find out if management company are reponsible for this, fingers crossed that they are!

On an unrelated matter, my alarm is showing signals that there is a low battery fault or something like that, the previous owners kindly left no instructions for us as to who fitted it or who i get to fix it, where do i start when looking for someone to check it out? Where can I get a manual for my alarm?

A little more information would be useful. Make / model of alarm, nature of fault indicator?
Leo

The door fell off my meter box a few years ago. I put the door in the garage and said "I must fix that" anyway I noticed recently that the door had been replaced. The ESB must have done it. The meters inside belongs to them so presumably they replaced it to protect their equipment.

Phoned ESB, they have lodged a call with their technicians, they will repair the door, no cost!!!

on another note, the shower head "holder" in my bath room is currently lying in the bath, i tried re-screwing it onto the wall tile but the screws wont tighten into the plastic rawlplugs that are fixed into the tile.

what can i do to fix this?

On closer inspection, it looks like theres a large hole in the tile about an inch square, inside which there are 2 rawlplugs embedded into the plaster wall under the tile.

I think that whoever put the shower up, did it wrong, instead of having the screw fittings embedded in the surface of the tile, they knocked a hole in the tile and embedded them in the wall so that when the holder is screwed onto the tile, only part of the screws actually reach into the rawlplugs.

I think I may need to either get longer screws or else take the tile off the wall, refit a new tile, drill into it and reattach.

any suggestions? Does anyone even know what im talking about!!!???

cheers

Longer screws will do the trick,much handier than removing a tile.The hole in the tile shouldnt be a problem as long as the base of the shower head covers it

Nope, they did the right thing. If the plugs are flush with the surface of the tile, you are likely to crack the tile if the screw is a tight fit in the plug.

Use a larger diameter screw, and long enough so that there is thread in contact with the main body of the plug. You could force caulk into the hole, leave that dry for a while and then attach the head. That should give you a little extra grab.
Leo