ESAT BT(what a rubbish phone line)

mango

We changed over to ESAT BT last October approx for both phone bill and line rental. We moved house last December. The new house we moved into is approx 100 metres from the old house.

I rang ESAT BT early last December to ask them to change over the line to the new house. They said that would be no problem and that they would have it completed within two weeks.

The next few weeks were so busy for us but we never received one phone call from ESAT BT to say what was happening. After the Christmas in early January I contacted ESAT BT and they told me they were waiting to hear from Eircom and that it would be another two weeks.

Another two weeks went by and I contacted ESAT BT again and they said that they were still waiting to hear from Eircom to get approval. I stayed on the line and eventually someone came back to tell me that Eircom had granted approval and I would be getting the phone line within two weeks.

Nothing happened for another two weeks and I rang them after this period again and they said that no approval was given by Eircom so they would contact them and see what was happening. The girl on the line said that it had not been approved.

I rang them two weeks ago and they said engineer would be out and I would have a phone line in by last Friday at latest.

I rang them today and I have no been told that there is going to be a delay with the cable and they cant give me an indication of when I will have the phone line in the new house.

Each time I have spoken to someone they have said that I will be refunded the rental. They have still been taking money out of my account to pay for the rental of the phone that is in the old house even though no one is using it and there is only the line there.

Can anyone tell me if I can cancel with ESAT BT and connect with Eircom again as we know someone that is with Eircom. Help I am going crazy with them. I got so mad last week on the phone that the person I was talking to hung up on me.

I have paid E100 to them for the last two months for a service that has been appaling and they have never once contacted me to let me know the situation.

Hi mango,

I think you will find that if you break up your question into paragraphs you will get a better response.

aj

I had a similar problem - it was the eircom engineer who let me down, apparently. This is a known problem, which will only be solved with the complete unbundling of the local loop.

I eventually got satisfaction by escalating to a BT manager.

MonsieurBond said:
I had a similar problem - it was the eircom engineer who let me down, apparently. This is a known problem, which will only be solved with the complete unbundling of the local loop.

I eventually got satisfaction by escalating to a BT manager.

This doesn't sound to be just an issue with unbundling the local loop, the customer service reps either are lying or don't know how to do their jobs, however this could probably be said for a lot of companies!

I too had problems with BT(I wanted to downgrade my ISDN line so I could get Broadband) the customer service got worse and worse. Eventually a friend of mine working for Cinergi Telecom recomended their service. I changed to Cinergi a few months ago, best move ever. They did all the work They contacted BT too.Their customer service is excelent and honest, they told me every thing I needed to know and there was no waiting to get through. The bills have come down too. They contacted Eircom and an engineer called out 2 days later. problem solved. My friend told me that they were launching Broadband in January so I waited, i got it in 3 weeks ago. 15.99 for 1MB unlimited.. Fantastic. had the option of 9.99 for 20 hrs.