Esat BT Broadband...Customer Care???

R

romegie

Have had Esat BT bradbandsince last year, 3 month free trial offer. I have recently moved house and now cannot get broadband in my new area. Esat are telling me because I am in a contract with them I must cough up €150 to disconnect which isnt the best sollution but so be it, what realy get me is that I must pay for the next 2 months because I didnt tell them in time!! €78. Has anyone else had this issue with Esat? I also have new received any statment/invoices etc from them and when I ask to see the terms and conditions of my contract I get nothing but talk.

Esat customer care seems to be working for Smart Telecom as I will never use them again, all they want is to scew as much money out of people as possible.

romegie,

I think you can substitute any company name instead of Esat, they are all the same, give me your money not your troubles.

romegie,

I feel your pain. Esat are atrocious.

Back in the dial-up days I was with Esat and cancelled it when I moved house 18 months ago.

They didn't accept my written cancellation but didn't so inform me.

It got ridiculous - at one stage they were taking me to law.

I eventually managed to extricate myself from their clutches when I got talking to the first real human being I managed to track down in Esat who took a personal interest in my plight and got it sorted.

I wouldn't touch them ever again with the longest bargepole.
If it's of any consolation to you, I know a serving director of Esat who got so fed up with having his ear bent by his wife over their repeated screwing up of her mobile bill that he threw her phone out and got her an Eircell one.....

Finished the 3 month Trial in December ('04).. Asked them in February to release the Line as Perants want to get a contract with Eircom....
Im STILL waiting the Release of the Line (After Numberous Emails, 2months Later!!)
They also charged my Visa for E245!! For my bill even though it was the Trial and I asked well in time to be disconnected... That money was refunded after a phonecall and an idiot in Esat eventually copping on to what they had done!

G

Esat are doing a 49.00 euro line and Broadband together package with no contract period, ie you could quit it after a month , no charge for doing so,So I think u should mention this to them and see if they change their mind,

Back