Erin Stove (Heat Crack)

asking7

We have just been in our new home for over a year. In our living room we have an Stanley Erin stove which heats up to 9 radiators and so far we have been happy with the heat that it provides. The stove is used about 4 nights of the week and its burning for about 4 hours at a time.

However, the other night while we had a fairly big fire on, we heard a loud crack. At the time we just thought the noise came from the logs/coal we were burning, but the next morning while cleaning the stove we noticed a large crack along the side of the stove.

I'm going to contact Stanley about this and ask them if there is anything they can do about it. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening with a stove before?

Any comments/advice welcome...

I have a Stanley Oil stove, not that it is much help to you!! However, you should definintely contact Stanley and make sure you speak to a service engineer and NOT the receptionist. Insist on that because when I had a problem with my stove - and I have had a few! I literally had to nearly threaten my plumber to get him to come and look at it! and eventally had to write to them so as to get action. If you are not satisfied with your phone call, put it in writing and they HAVE to respond to you. Also let the place of purchase know that this has happened - even put THAT in writing.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your comments Mopsy.

I'm going to contact the place of purchase first and then take it up with Stanley if I dont get anywhere with them.