Erase DVD+RW Disk

wigwam

Hi,

Does anybody know how to delete the files on a DVD+RW Disk? On my pc it says the files are read only. Thanks

Hi,

Does anybody know how to delete the files on a DVD+RW Disk? On my pc it says the files are read only. Thanks

You can erase a DVD+RW disc in Nero or whatever software came with your burner.

Windows XP has software to allow you to copy files directly to a DVD and then burn automatically, but I don't know if it allows you to simply delete files from Explorer.

If you want to delete all the files, you could right-click on the DVD-RW drive in Windows Explorer and select 'format' — it's usually quicker, too.

I think my DVD drive only reads discs. Anyway around this do you think? thanks

'Fraid not...!

You'll need a DVD writer — the cheapest & neatest solution would be to replace your DVD drive with an [broken link removed] DVD writer, or, if you don't fancy that, you could buy an [broken link removed] one.

'Fraid not...!

You'll need a DVD writer — the cheapest & neatest solution would be to replace your DVD drive with an [broken link removed] DVD writer, or, if you don't fancy that, you could buy an [broken link removed] one.

hmmm from my experience Komplett are quite expensive.

[broken link removed]

The one there on galaxy for €29.99 lite-on, i have that one works fine however koplett deliver quite faster than galaxy but are cheaper. Up to you.
galaxy takes Laser or cheque or postal order if you've no CC.
I don't know about komplett.