EPOS Systems

john2010

I am hoping to start a business very shortly (Retail) and the store would stock about 2000 different lines. Ideally, an EPOS system would help me keep in touch with sales per item, VAT rate per item, stock taking etc etc which is what I need but I am being quoted in the region of €6k plus VAT for the pleasure. As a start-up, I can think of plenty of better uses for €6k but can I really afford to be without a system which will allow me to keep track of everything? Has anybody got any advice?

what sort of retail is it in?

I get the feeling that the hardware might be making up about 2-3k of that figure.

There are SaaS providers that could provide the software cheaper, but it depends on the market

Hi Contemporary it will be partyware, costumes, cards, gifts etc etc. so there will be a lot of different lines to keep track of. Other than that I'd buy a cash register and monitor the sales myself but there are too many lines to keep an eye on. I see the benefits of EPOS systems but the initial outlay is prohibitive to a start up company.

hey there,

you could try this company, www(dot)ole(dot)ie they seem to deal with everyone from SME's to Multi-Nationals so they must offer some scope.

met one of the directors ages ago (sorry I'm new so cant post url as is!)

I have a relation that recently wound up her retail business. She has one of these systems at home. Don't know if it would suit but PM me if you need more info.