EPC Error Message on 04 Golf

Newbie!

hi,

Since yesterday an error message reading EPC has appeared on the dashboard. It stays for about 5mins and then dissappears. I looked at the manual and it says it means engine fault (!). Has anyone else had this? I'm assuming I need to get it to the garage asap.

If you find out will you let me know!
I have a 06 golf & within the last 6 months I got this error message 4 times
usually it happened whilst driving my car & it would just loose speed rapidly.
Once while over taking on the motorway, my speed fell from 110km to 80km in about 2seconds! , but when I pulled in & restarted the car it would always go away & the car would go back to normal. Brought my car to VW garage twice over it & they could never tell me why it happened or detect the error as it never logged on their computer! So becareful driving! My epc light would flash on dashboard usually with the skidding/slippy tyres light! But always when I pulled & restated the car it went away, I'm still none the wiser!

hi lads.

EPC means "electronic power control".

so far i know, the most common problems when the EPC light comes up are a faulty throttle control or a faulty brake light switch.

can be checked with a diagnostic machine.

VW main dealer with a VW diagnostic machine must be able to detect what it is, cos if this light comes up and goes off later, the ecu will save this defect as an " sporadic defect" !

jack

The light appeared a few times during the snowy and icy conditions but hasnt appeared since. The car is due a service soon so I'll mention it to the mechanic then. It's driving fine so I'm not too concerned.

Back