entropay

• Thread starter tartangladba
  • Start date
T

tartangladba

hope this is the right topic? i've got a entropay virtual credit card, i've used it a couple of times and all went well. then i decided to buy some currency from the post office. the post office would not accept the card. fair enough i thought. then i noticed my balance did not match my amount i can spend? were talking a 369.00 balance but it said i can only spend 3.91? i left it for an hour or so to see if it would adjust. but nothing. so i contact the helpdesk facility. to be met with the answer, "that i would have to wait 30 days to get access to my balance"?? i've bought nothing? zip, zero? i've never heard of a credit card that keeps your money if the transaction does not go through? for 30 days? anyone any advice? i've been bugging them for 3 days now, but keep getting fobbed off. any suggestions welcome. cheers

I have an entropay, and was able to spend within minutes of putting money in. Although it's a Visa card, you can only spend what is in the account; it's different from other credit cards.
I don't understand how you say you've used it once or twice, but then that you have bought nothing?

If I understand you correctly you tried to purchase currency from the UK Post Office Online Service.

They than declined your card and at the same time you noticed that the balance on your entropay account went down by the amount you tried to purchase?

Now entropay tells you they can't do anything?

Well it looks like the postoffice asked for approval on the entropay card and entropay gave it to them hence blocking the amount on your card (just like they would on a "normal" credit card").

The Post office than deceided to refuse the card anyhow and did not release the authorization when they did.

So what you should do is contact the post office and ask them to release the authorization. In theory they have up to 30 days in which they have to tell entropay (or rather the bank of valetta which issues the visa) to give them the money or release the authorization.

That is unless I missunderstood you and the card was actualy declined by entropay and despite the issuer declining the amount was reserved. In that case, entropay is at fault.