Entitlements to see company accounts

shootingstar

posting for someone else...

If you have an interest in purchasing a company. do you have the right to see the accounts from the companys accountant or do you have to take their word for it (via telephone conversation) when they give you figures

Thanks

SS

I would not take any ones word for it. I assume if you were buying a company you would get permission from the seller. The seller would have to give accountant permission to release info and show you business records Should do due diligence on the most recent accounts and Mang accounts.

I would not see any one buying a company without due diligence.

If serious get permisson for your accountant to do due diligence.

If you have an interest in purchasing a company. do you have the right to see the accounts from the companys accountant or do you have to take their word for it (via telephone conversation) when they give you figures

Thanks

SS

Purchasing a company or purchasing a business?
The former - definitely
The latter - only at the discretion of the vendor.

Abridged accounts should be on file on cro.ie

the business is current being sold as a going concern. so im told. Im posting this for someone else. I always seem to be doing that.

The business has been up and running for 4 years now.

the business is current being sold as a going concern. so im told. Im posting this for someone else. I always seem to be doing that.

The business has been up and running for 4 years now.

The books would have to be inspected and due diligence done. I assume he would be buying the shares in the company as if you buy the shares you are taking over the assets and liablities plus anything due to revenue, creditors.

Be carefull get professional advice.