Entitlement to car hire while my car is being repaired

T

Trinket

I was rear ended in December, other party admitted liability to his insurers and my car was towed away. OP's insurer provided me with a hire car the next day which I still have as my own car will not be ready until early next week. Insurance assessor did not get out to see my car for over three weeks, he delayed by another week before authorising the repairs and the garage has experienced some delay in getting the necessary parts. Car hire company have informed me that the insurance company are only paying for the hire car until tomorrow leaving me carless for at least another 6 days. Am I entitled to car hire until my own car is back on the road??

Not sure if you are 'entitled' to that particular car hire but if you are claiming of the other drivers insurance policy any reasonable cost related to the incident would/should form part of the claim. So while you may have to return the car supplied you should be able to claim your transport costs until your car is back on the road.

Its the other side's insurance that'a paying - you may have to pay for a further hire car but then claim it back from them.

ONQ.

At this point the terms of the insurance policy giving a use of a car may have expired. I would say the best option is to submit a claim to the opposition insurance company with receipts. If no joy then its a case for a solicitor

Back