Entertaining in Dublin

ccraig

Hi
I have a couple and a 2 year old child coming over from Spain for a week. Im looking for a list of things to do with them in Dublin and around for those days. Hes fairly sporty so gym, swimming, surfing, footy etc will go a good way to break up the week but any thoughts on what to do in Dublin

If you could add to this list id appreciate it:

1. Powerscourt
2. Dublin Zoo
3. Guinnes Storehouse
4. Natural history museum
5. Viking Boat
6. Sea Safari

The National Gallery is also a hit with visitors when they are in town. Dublin Castle and Trinity College grounds with Book of Kells are also interesting. While you are at the Zoo, visit the Phoenix Park it's definitely worth a visit.

Kilmainham Gaol is a super tour. I'm not entirely convinced that the two year old would get much out of it, but if the parents have good English, then do it. €5.60 for an adult for a one hour tour. So interesting.

You can now hire bikes at the Phoenix Park for an hour or three hours, I think. Might be a nice way to pass a bit of time (if the Park isn't flooded, of course...).

You could get the DART out to Dun Laoghaire, maybe? Nice to be by the sea! There's a market there on Sundays. Go swimming at the Forty Foot (if the visitors are feeling brave).

4. Natural history museum

Closed until further notice - I think I read somewhere that some exhibits would be on display in Collins Barracks or similar but not sure if / when it is happening.

If they like swimming the National aquatic centre is great. The little one will love it too.