Enniskillen - things to do/places to eat?

babaduck

We're going to the Killyhevlin for a 2 night midweek break at the end of July but I haven't been in Enniskillen in over 20 years (camping in Castle Archdale when I was a kid) so if anybody has any recs for things to do/places to eat & drink, we'd be hugely grateful!

Glad your making the trip to 'God's Country' - I'm originally from Fermanagh - so excuse my bias.

Your hotel is very close to Castle Coole (Early Georgian Stately Home) - set in nice parkland with tearooms and walks. House is pretty impessive. Sometimes during the summer they have outdoor events in the grounds.

From the Round 'O' park in Enniskillen you can get the MV Kestrel boat tour around Lough Erne that takes in Devinish Island with it's monastic round tower. Boat leaves at 10.30am, 12.15pm, 2.15pm and 4.15pm daily. Tickets are £9 each.

Would highly recommend you visit the Marble Arch show caves - about 7/8 miles out of Enniskillen - but worth the drive. Ring ahead to check if they are open - during periods of heavy rain - they have to close. www.marblearchcaves.net

When you are in the town centre - check out the Buttermarket if you want to buy any arts or crafts.

Your hotel is almost beside the Theatre. Not sure what is on but you can check at www.ardhowentheatre.com

Pubs and nightlife will be fairly quiet mid week - but check out Pats and Blakes of the Hollow - neither bad for lunch.

For evening meal - would recommend Scoffs in Belmore Street - [broken link removed]

Then of course you have the shopping.

Hope you have a good time and come back for more.

Thanks so much for your help - we had a fabulous meal in Scoffs and I wish I lived closer to it!!! We ended up in Florence Court which was just gorgeous - pity we couldn't say the same about the weather!!!

For food either during the day or night try Dulakis behind Houstons shop on the mainstreet. Absolutely gorgeous. Believe you have to book for the night time now it is so popular.

Don't leave without having a "gravy N chip" from one of the local chippies and for good fish and chips try "The Golden Arrow" on the main street.

Can't think of the name of the new deli/cafe at the top end of the town beyond the Catholic Church. Gorgeous and lovely way to pass and hour or so.

Also a trip up Lough Navar (could be wrong spelling) gives spectacular views of Fermanagh.

It really is a beautiful luscious green county. Definitely under visited by those of us from the south.