engross a document?

aoc

can anyone explain what to engross a document means?

I have to sign an affidavit for a case - have given me a draft and said that if all o.k. they will arrange to engross the document and have it sworn??

I thought i was to sign the copy sent to me and they would have that sworn - no???????

1. Draft - 1st, 2nd, 3rd???
2. Engross - the final document.

If 1 is fine, it can be the engrossment.

Call them and ask them if you can just sign what has been sent.

mf

the document is fine - so i will give a call and see. didn't want to look like a total thicko... :D

thanks

o.k., called - if the doc is fine they will engross and arrange for me to then sign, so you don't sign the draft...

Remember that an affidavit is a sworn statement of evidence, and that a false statement in it can be deemed to be perjury.

Further if it is for a law case, the other side or the judge can require you to attend the court hearing to be cross examined on the contents.

I know, am a bit nervous about the prospect of having to go to court - but am satisfied 100% that the facts are correct. Am the only person in work that is 100% aware of all the facts re the case.

Should i be asked by er to do this, is this the norm? or is it usually the er that signs it and relies upon info from me for the case????????

Hi aoc,
It has to be the person who has actual knowledge of the events ..i.e. you!

that's fine - would just be quite nervous about the whole court thing.... stupid i know, but nevertheless... its like driving when there is a garda car behind you, eventhough you know you are fine you still are slightly nervous.:D

Back