English TV channels in Co Laois

lamb

Hi All

I have just recently moved to mounthrath and have the basic 4 channnels on my TV ( RTE1,RTE2,TG4 and TV3) and just want to get the 4 english channels ( BBC1,BBC2,UTV and CH4).
where I lived previous , we just got in contact with the engineer from the local TV shop and he put up an aerial and pointed towards the local MMDS antenna and we payed a yearly fee ( this is idealy what I am after.. is it available in Loais???). I wish to keep away form all these set top boxes, NTL , SKY etc.

thanks in advance
Lamb

You could get a Free to Air sat dish and receiver. You will have a one off payment for dish / receiver / install...you will get BBC1,2,3/itv1,2,3,4/CBBC/Film Four/ etc - NO Ch4 though. www.LyngSat.com has a full list off all FTA channels you will receive.

Hi emul

thanks for prompt response and info.. was trying to keep from this sat dish and decoder stuff mind.. Thought their might be somes service you can sign up to locally using the rooftop aerial

Dish is the way to go. One initial outlay and you pluck the signal from the sky for free. You could also get a sky freeview card from your cousins in England which cost 20 pounds and you can get Channel 4, five and SkyThree as well. Check your PM.