English Sportsmanship & Fairplay take another hit

Whilst I wouldn't argue that what Quins did was appaling, and as a Munster man, the hand of Back will live long in my memory, I don't think anyone in this country is in any position to throw stone. After all, we've had horses fail dope tests, not to mind athletes, there's the Alan Quinlin gouging issue in rugby for starters

Feel sorry for the Quins fans, knew a few when I lived in England, decent old school English rugger fans who are appalled by what has gone on

Agree - we are certainly in no position to call anyone else cheats

This story on top of Neil Back's intervention against Munster tell a sad story about a proud game invented by an Irishman and now played by English cheats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/my_club/harlequins/8207851.stm

silly comment about the Neil Back incident, what he did if caught merited a penalty and nothing else. A rugby team would be no good if they didnt flaunt the offside laws and make the most of the referee...any decent openside should be able to nick the ball on the floor...any decent referee should be able to catch them!

ps-didnt quinlan get pelous yellow carded in the HC Final a few years back, i'm sure those who criticised Back conveniently forgot about this and the points Munster accrued while pelous was in the bin.

what dean richards did was appaling. ERC's response was perfect, next we need the IRB to issue harsh bans on gouging to clear this out of the game.