English reg car abandoned

djkat

hi all

Outside my house (on a main road) there has been a English reg car left, It has been there just nearly 4 weeks now , there is no tax or insurance on it, the reg plate is a 03 car (well thats what the gaurds say) and its in good condition, i have contacted the gaurds who cant do anything and the dublin city council cant as they say its not parked illegally(even though its half on the path and half on the road

What can i do to get it removed or contact the owner

If somebody were to remove the number plates, then the car would be towed away (if the gardai or council were made aware).

Note, though, whoever removed the plates without the owner's permission could be regarded as causing 'criminal damage' to the car.

To be clear, I am not recommending that these plates should be removed !! ;)

agree with Bob tg, that is the way forward, sometimes unfortunately this is what it takes when the law is an "ass" then you can report it as abandoned. no plates, no owner !

Perhaps if someone were to sneak up to the car in the dead of night, with no one around, and remove the plates?

;)

thanks for the ;) advise everyone

Just an update the car now has been broken into on Sunday night

The Gaurds have been down and cant do anything as the reg plates are english even though they cant find the owner

The clampers wont go near it either as the plates are still on, so hopefully there is a big wind tonigh and the plates get blown off :rolleyes:

Tell as many people you can about it. Especially the "right" people. I'm sure it will "disappear" eventually. Its a farce that theres no official policy about this. I read that theres been an increase in abandoned (non irish) cars especially at the airport. So there should be some way of dealing with these. Nice little storm in a tea cup for your local politician, and the local paper.

hopefully there is a big wind tonigh and the plates get blown off :rolleyes:

Ah yeah, the Irish weather and all.

How about sticking a printed piece of paper saying free to a good home on it!!

I'm sure theres a gang of youths somewhere around that would give you a hand accidently knocking the plates off!

hi everyone

That storm blew and blew and blew last night and the plates just blew away

And guess what the car was lifted this morning at 7.30

I love an auld breeze

hi everyone

That storm blew and blew and blew last night and the plates just blew away

And guess what the car was lifted this morning at 7.30

I love an auld breeze

Ah sure, twas a windy one alright, wouldnt be surprised if those plates are never seen again, they could be blown hundreds of miles away........

Ah sure, twas a windy one alright, wouldnt be surprised if those plates are never seen again, they could be blown hundreds of miles away........

Or even into a refuse bin. Funny how quick it was sorted once the wind died down!

Thanks for all the replys people

Anyone need english reg plates i heard there on flee bay

Back