Engine Management Light on Nissan Almera

One

Last week I left my Nissan Almera into a Nissan Service Center because the engine management light had been lit for three weeks. Also, I told them that the car cut out once when I was taking a corner, and subsequently the steering locked, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was going slow I might have crashed. The staff at the Nissan Service Center said they diagnosed accurately with a computer that said that the timing chain was worn. I paid €500 to get the timing chain changed. I also got the car serviced. I got the car back last Friday evening.

Yesterday, (Monday) I phoned the Nissan Service Center and said that the engine management light had just lit up again and asked was there anything to worry about? The staff said 'no', but to bring the car back in and they would reset the light. On the way home from work today, the car cut out once when I was taking a corner, and subsequently the steering locked, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was going slow I might have crashed. I could have killed myself and even worse, killed people coming in a car towards me. The car stalled on the road but I quickly turned the ignition key and resarted it.

I went back to the Nissan Service Center in a fury and told them what happened. They checked the car using their computer and got an error message saying that the fuel was dirty, and that was the cause of the engine cutting out.

I just don't trust that explanation and I think that the staff are overlooking something. Sometimes, intermittent problems are the most difficult to diagnose! My car has 180,000 miles on the clock. I get it serviced it every 10,000 miles in the Nissan Service Center, but now I don't feel safe in the car despite what the staff at the Nissan Service Center say!

Any mechanics here that can give me some insight into this?

Back