Engine ceased up-car out of action

shnaek

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice for me. I drive a diesel car, and the engine ceased on me a week and a half ago. The car is currently with my mechanic.

I am changing insurance cover in a few days. I have full comprehensive insurance at the moment. Does that cover me to get a replacement car while my car is out of action? And if so, should I contact my former insurance company, or my new insurance company about it?

Thanks for the advice.

Motor insurance (required for compliance with road traffic legislation) does nor provide cover for mechanical breakdown unless it is as a result of a road-traffic-accident. Some policies may provide home-start or road-side assistance cover as extras, but you would need to consult your policy documents.

I don't believe a standard motor policy will cover you for a replacement car in the circumstances you describe.

Motor insurance (required for compliance with road traffic legislation) does nor provide cover for mechanical breakdown unless it is as a result of a road-traffic-accident. Some policies may provide home-start or road-side assistance cover as extras, but you would need to consult your policy documents.

I don't believe a standard motor policy will cover you for a replacement car in the circumstances you describe.

Thanks for that. I thought that would be the case. I am covered for breakdown alright, but in this case I was near my mechanics house so I called him out myself.

Back