engagement rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darran

Just wanted to know wants the best why to do this, should I go ahead a pick a ring and ask her the big question! or ask her and the the both of us go a pick a ring out. Dont want to pick one that she doesn't like, but I have an idea of want she likes. Would anyone have any advise for me, and where and how much do you spent on a ring?

Somebody said 30k, dont think thats in the budget, out of my raech a I would say thats a hell of lot of money, you would want to be making a lot of money for that.

Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, dont know where to put it, had put it the suggestion section, but got closed down by Clubman, After all a was only looking for surgestions on this. Thanks again!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, dont know where to put it, had put it the suggestion section, but got closed down by Clubman, After all a was only looking for surgestions on this. Thanks again!
I would have thought that it was obvious that such queries should not be posted in a forum called:
Suggestions
Let us have your ideas for improving Askaboutmoney!

Darran - suggestions as in suggestions for the site in general e.g. improvements etc.

If I were you I'd try consumer issues or maybe Misc. non-financial... as a forum called phones, DVDs...etc is obviously not the right place either.

Edit: crossed with Clubman

You could buy a really cheap one, in Argos or the like and propose...then go and pick the real ring together?There is no set rule on what to spend although you'll hear many. Something between 1 months gross salary and 3 months net is usually bandied around.I would advise you to think about buying outside Ireland as the mark up here is in my view excessive.Congratulations by the way...well assuming she says yes!

Exactly. Thread closed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.