Engagement Rings in Northern Ireland

rdrr

Hi

I have read the sticky above re eng. rings and done a bit of research on the web also. I am trying to get a feel for the cost difference between rings in south and the north. I have looked at a few sites for the northern jewellers but not many of them have prices.

Has anyone any recent experience of shopping for eng. rings down south and up north? I would be curious to know if it is worth the trip up. Hoping to try to get everything sorted for christmas!!

If the difference was small then I would buy in the south so it would be easy to bring back for repairs or cleaning etc. But if the difference was enough then I would have no problem going north.

For info, budget would be around €3-4k and would prob be a single stone solitaire.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph Rea always have good deals on. They have 2 or 3 stores in Belfast city centre.

Hi,
We recently bought my engagement ring in Newry.
We were hoping to make Belfast but only got to Newry..
Went only to about 3 jewellers- I can't really confirm they were cheaper.
We went into Jack Murphy's jewellers which I'd read about on some board...just saw a ring in the style that I wanted- they had 20% sale on that day...I can only say they for what we paid we got a d colour diamond, internally ************************* for considerably cheaper than diamond rings in Dublin we saw in colour g and Vsi...so we think we got a good deal...to be honest we were a tad tired of looking round and just bought immediately...
I would have liked to have made Belfast however- Lunns website seems reasonable...
Howevre, shop around-another jeweller in Newry came back to us- we were considering a ring made in the style I wanted..so the v. same ring but with a lesser grade diamond!- was €1800 more than in Murphys !!!so I guess Belfast might be the same- check out different places and compare..best of luck!

hi, I forgot to say if you want things sorted for Christmas- you'd need to get moving- even if you choose a ring they have in whatever shop..you are talking probably a week to 2 weeks to get the ring resized- and prob another trip back to collect it...

Book a holiday to Turkey and save a fortune...Bought jewellery there 5 years ago cost around €1200 came home got it valued €3,500.....spent about €1200 on the weeks holiday!!Do some research might find you will get a better deal abroad and a holiday!!

Back