Energy ratings

Lak

With the new energy ratings reports that will be required for every house sale coming into effect I was considering doing the course to become an official enery ratings official.
My question is considering that it will not be a cheap course to undertake over three modules and then become accredited too, does anyone have any opinions if this would indeed be a viable business opportunity.
I would be concerned that in a slowing housing market many auctioneers would become affiliated themselves to enable them to rate their own propertys therefor any independant businesses would find it difficult to compete. Or would this indeed be construed as a conflict of interests.?
Before I spend good money I would certainly appreciate anyones experience or opinions whether good bad or indifferent.

I'd imagine that a lot of surveyors/engineers will do this course. Then their customers will have more of a 'one stop shop' scenario.

Dear legs

I'm thinking exactly as you are, 100 %. I Made the enquiries and see the course runs anything upto 1800 euros. Unless the estate agent is well clued in or has a very background he wont make the grade. Have you seen the requirements to be even elegible for the assessors course ?.
There is white paper or an investiagtion ongoing at the moment about people with vested interests got giving true assessments of properties.
You can see how the only scene can be abused if not regulated.
I am not sure that any assessor will come here and give us much advice though.

Back