Energia "Free" Netatmo and SEAI grant for heating controls

Ndiddy

Have I just had a fast one pulled? I was offered a free Netatmo heating controls but when I read up on it on the Energia site, it is actually from the SEAI grant? I would like to get a new boiler in a year or two but am worried that I have lost an opportunity(which Energia left out mentioning to me). The SEAI site says up to 700 euro for heating controls but it looks like the Netatmo is only 250 euros? Would I have gotten the total 700 if I have my boiler replaced too?
Thanks

You can get UP TO €700 for heating controls, my read is that you are loosing help towards a new boiler at the same time if you take up Energia's offer now. You'd be better off doing both together. Give SEAI a ring to clarify.

Would I have gotten the total 700 if I have my boiler replaced too?
Thanks
I was at the SEAI exhibition at RDS today and raised the questions you asked when I popped into their stand.

There are no grants available for boiler replacements i.e to replace an entire boiler. The heating controls grant covers items such as your Netatmo, central heating thermostats, immersion timers etc. I could not get a definitive answer on whether any unclaimed balanced could be claimed at a later time for qualifying items i.e. the €450 in your case, so I guess that will be the question you need to ask.

Can I ask a question about the current requirements around heating controls SEAI grant

1960s house with 2 zones (rads and hot water)

1. we are replacing our old boiler with a new one - no grant for that
2. we are also adding new heating controls for which there is a grant of €700

Problem: got 4 quotes and very mixed feedback on what is required to successfully apply for the SEAI grant
(there were SEAI rule changes as recent as last August + in January). Called the SEAI and they could not provide me with the list of requirements for the householder or the contractor to apply for the heating controls grant - this prevents me tally up the itemised quotes against a set of grant requirements.

- 2 quotes were very high and allowed for successful application for the SEAI grant
- 1 was lower than the first two, does not allow for the SEAI grant as experienced contractor says SEAI keep changing the rules and are making it increasingly difficult to apply for: ? marks over # of zones (2+) and replacing existing piping in order to qualify
- last quote was cheapest and did allow for successful application for the SEAI grant (which doesn't really add up based on other quotes)

Anyone had any recent experience with SEAI heating control grants?

Back