Life Encashment on a policy

A

ABESTER

HI
i have a income protection policy. i took it out in 2001 in case of injury ect. i have been reading the policy document and it refers to encashment of the policy but does not explain it well or state if i am entitlied to do so. the policy i have is a total care policy with new ireland insurance. can any one help and explain

It doesn't sound like an income protection policy. It sounds like a reviewable unit linked whole of life policy, that may have critical illness, personal accident cover. You may have a statement from the initial start date to show that your policy will be worth x or y in 10 years, but the reality will be very different. You will need to contact New Ireland for an encashment value but don't expect to get much from it.

It doesn't sound like an income protection policy. It sounds like a reviewable unit linked whole of life policy, that may have critical illness, personal accident cover. You may have a statement from the initial start date to show that your policy will be worth x or y in 10 years, but the reality will be very different. You will need to contact New Ireland for an encashment value but don't expect to get much from it.

Back