emulsion paint stains from trousers

oldtimer

Is there any way emulsion paint can be removed from trousers. Got new pair last week but stained yesterday with paint. Wife says it cannot be removed - trousers to be thrown out. Any suggestions?

Emulsion paint is water based. Check the tin, see if the brushes should be cleaned with water. If it is definitely emulsion paint, soak the trousers in cold water, then wash them out in luke warm water and detergent. A little patient TLC with the soaking and the washing should do the trick.

If you think emulsion paint is bad you should have seen the full bottle of tipp-ex that went over school tracksuit yesterday. Got most of it out with appropriate stain remover and [broken link removed].

See [broken link removed] also for advice.

Emulsion paint is water based, but once dry, is water proof and pretty much impossible to remove.

Thanks for the above replies. Have done all above and it looks like my wife is correct - will have to throw out new trousers. Will wait till January sales to purchase new pair. Again thanks.

Hello

That's what I keep telling my hubby wife is correct and I usually insert the word "always".

Hope you get a bargain in January.

Cheers

Clearly, in the majority of cases, wives have far better taste than husbands!

I was thinking more on the lines that I chose my wife but she chose me!