Employing New Staff

J

jwtfc

As the title suggests, I've reached the stage with my new Business that I now need to employ someone.
I need this person to have a Degree in Business/Leisure/Sport/Marketing.
I could employ someone as a kind of General Operative and I could look after the development and growth but I want someone who can bring ideas to the table, expand the business with me and that person will ultimately get more salary/benefits as the Business grows.
Would I best to approach the different 3rd Level Colleges with recent graduates in what I'm looking for? I did attend two of these in the field I'm looking for someone in.
I don't want to go down the Agency/website side of things, as from previous experience working in an organisation, it was high volume of applicants and so many not suitable.
I want to have only a small number of highly suitable applicants.
Any advice or previous experience in this field would be great.
Thanks...

Why are you looking for someone based on qualification rather than experience?

If you want a small number of highly suitable applicants expect to pay big money so someone else can silt out the rubbish (and possible the best candidate) or head-hunt the right person.

My advice is to do the leg-work yourself. Staff selection is possible the most important thing you will ever do in business.

I should clear things up, this is the first time this kind of Service is on offer in Ireland... Many People would have transferable skills/knowledge that would really benefit the Business... this is what I want... But if someone had experience in this, then they missed the opportunity and to me they are not person I'm looking for..
Maybe I'm setting standards too high?
I just want to get an idea of where to find the right person without the cost of advertising and scrolling through a load of rubbish applicants who just see a job and reply.

But if someone had experience in this, then they missed the opportunity and to me they are not person I'm looking for..
THis is crazy logic. You want someone to do a job. Write down the job you want them to do, and how you will measure their success.

is there some sort of annual conference or show in that broad sphere? - you will find like minded people there who are opportunists (in a good way!)