Employer pension contributions for pay in lieu of notice period

Minnow2

Good afternoon,
I would appreciate your advice on the following situation:
I have been made redundant and will receive Pay in Lieu of Notice (PILON) instead of working my 3 month notice period (option in the contract at employer's discretion). I am arguing with the employer that I am entitled to receive 3 months' worth of employer's pension contributions for the notice period, either paid into the scheme (my preference) or in cash. These contributions make up part of my overall compensation package and they need to recognise this in paying my 3 months of entitlements. They do not agree and plan to pay my salary only, although they did agree to extend my health insurance for the 3 months.

Does anyone have experience with this situation? What rights do I have in this regard? Surely I am entitled to compensation of my complete remuneration, not just the salary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes absolutely but check what the actual wording of the condition in the contract states.

Question is how to get it enforced.
One possibility would be to write to the Trustees ( not the pension company or administrators ) of the pension scheme. Registered mail to show you are serious.
They are obliged to ensure that the correct payments are made to the scheme on your behalf. The only problem is that your leaving date is the last day you actually work so they may take a view that that is the date your contribution entitlement ceases. But certainly worth a shot.

Are they paying you accrued holidays for that period too ?

Back