Employer paid salary into wrong account which is under dispute with bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Athenry

Worried Sick!

My employer who are international paid my salary into an old account that they used to pay it into before, by mistake. But this account is overdrawn and I have not used it for 10 months and at present dealing with the Ombudsman for other issues which was initiated by myself due to some issue that I had with my bank.

The problem is that my employer paid into this account by mistake and I am worried sick that the bank will not return it to my employer because this account is overdrawn. Can someone please put me out of my misery.

I'm literally sick with worry. Will my employer have a problem when they try to claim this back due to lodging it into the wrong account? Or will the bank just pay it back?

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your bank is under no obligation to return the monies to your employer and its highly unlikely that they will. The Bank is obliged to process a transaction based on NSC and account number and if these are valid and the account is opened the transaction will be posted and is irrevocable. You need to talk to the bank to see if they will move the funds to the correct account.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

I have had to move your thread to the correct forum and replace the heading to a more appropriate and useful one. You will get a quicker response if you adopt this approach yourself in future.

Have your employers been in touch with the bank and, if so, what have they said to them about this problem?

Brussels is absolutely correct. The relevant legislation is
S.I. No. 383 of 2009 EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES (PAYMENT SERVICES) REGULATIONS 2009. The bank has correctly paid the funds into the account specified by your employer.
I suspect from the tone of your post that the bank has probably been seeking payment of this overdraft for some time, and now they have it

Brussels thanks for your reply.

Gulliver and Paddybloggit thanks for you totally insensitive reply!!!! I hope you feel good for not making people feel so good when they are already in dire situation people like you should read what you write before you post it!! and think of the feelings of others... use (empathy) your words are of no benifit to people who really need solid advice hope your happy with yourselves.....

Status
Not open for further replies.