Employee missed by accountant

liger

Long story short.

Our accountant has missed one employee with revenue for last year. She is part time and only earns a couple of hundred a week. But she hasn't been registered as an employee by accountant So paye, prsi etc hasn't been done.

Is it possible to get this back dated with revenue? Are there fines involved etc??

I am so annoyed with the accountant you wouldn't believe it. The guy is a joke. Already looking for a new one.

Hi liger

What was the accountant's role?
How was the employee paid?
Who signed the bank transfers or the cheques?
Did they not reconcile the accountant's figures with the actual payments?

People make mistakes. But normally the person writing the cheque would see it and the accountant would correct it.

There won't be any problem in backdating it. Don't submit your P35 until it's fixed.

Brendan

I don't understand how this is the accountant's fault TBH

Presumably you tell the accountant who the employees are and how much they have been paid

Also you are obliged as an employer to give a payslip so what's the story here?

Thanks.

The girl just works a few hours and is paid cash from till but I just wanted to check if backdating prsi etc was possible. Nothing untoward happening.

She is part time and only earns a couple of hundred a week.

The girl just works a few hours and is paid cash from till

What does your contract of employment with the girl say?

What did the payslip you gave her every week or every month say?

Who writes the cheques and checks the payroll prepared by the accountant? Did they not question it?

Brendan

Surely the accountant is the one who should be answering your questions? Anyway you can be sure there is some solution. But no doubt there will be some kind of fine or penalty.

What I don't understand about this is how was tax and prsi being deducted?

Back