Emerald Square, Dublin 8

T

thegoat

Does anyone know anything about this Square? There are two houses for sale there and another seems to have sold recently. Any idea what this area is like?

I'd appreciate any info on the area in general in terms of safety, amenities and transport.

Much appreciated

Thanks for those Tiger. Just wondering if anyone knew about the square itself. Any reason why so many houses are for sale there at the same time?

Where exactly in Dublin 8 is it? I know the area pretty well but don't know this square.

It's across the road from the Coombe hospital (at the traffic lights )

I don't know the street specifically. Alot of people don't really like the area and consider it a bit dodgy but I have to say I love the area (I live the other side James hosp). I have never had any issues around safety etc.

Alot of buses pass by so town is handy to get to.

Parking used to be a nightmare with all the people going to the hospital but that was a long time ago so the situation might have changed. Using the Luas now so don't see that much of Cork St. but there was a fair amount of building going on in the area and just wondering if this might be an issue. Looking at planning [broken link removed] does not show anything too serious unless, of course, there is something else in the pipeline.

We're now looking at a place on Emerald Square to buy and completely renovate-- just wondering if the regeneration project by the Dublin City Council a couple of years ago has had a positive impact on this area since these posts in 2006? or did something happen to the long term plan? thanks