Email Us option gone from Citizens Information website?

shesells

Don't know if anyone else has noticed it lately but if you have a question that you can't find the answer to on Citizens Information the option to email them is gone?

Might just be a sign of the times???

I had to contact them with a fairly specific query lately and I didn't want to be on the phone in work spilling all the details in front of anyone. Anyway I called and the email is phoneservice@citinfo.ie - hardly memorable but still a useful one to have.

There's reduced funding and staffing levels in the CIC's over the last year.. rather apt dont you think just when more people than ever are now relying on social welfare.

I know I've gone to them a couple of times this year about various things and they've been very helpful but it just makes no sense that at a time when people need them most they're pulling services?

simple, email means extra work, so disable it, very Irish.

noah

So very Irish automatically means bad?
Hate that phrase.
Oh and you aren't sending an email here, no need to sign your post.....

Anyway, from working in a similiar job, I can answer a question in a phonecall instantly but having a stack of emails takes time and when under pressure, the more difficult emails will get delayed. I'd rather deal with 10 phonecalls in a row then 10 emails and their inevitable replies with yet more questions
Don't forget hundreds of thousands of people in Ireland have never sent an email in their lives and never will. So why not put all staff concentrating on office visits and calls.

You want an instant answer, call!
The staff in the Citizens Information Service are extremly helpful

Just FYI, the Citizens Information Board run the website, but don´t offer a direct public enquiry service themselves. Instead, they fund the local CIC´s to provide this service.

Yes, and the CIC's have been subject to funding cutbacks in staff allocations - in addition to opening hours - reduced staffing levels, their ability to undertake advocacy work where people come in and they help them fill in forms has also been affected..... conspiracy theorists would say its a deliberate measure that is aimed at limiting the ability of some vulnerable client groups to access sw. payments.