Email sending issues

G

George1

Hi there,
I hope someone can advise me on the following:

I cannot send emails but can receive them.
The error I keep getting when I try to send an email is:

"The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
The rejected e-mail address was 'joe.bloggs@sample.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"
As I say, I can receive email but cannot send. I am using Windows Vista and the standard Windows Mail program.
If anyone could assist, I would be grateful.
Regards
G1

You have an eircom.net email address - do you use eircom to connect to the web (e.g. eircom broadband)?

If you use another phone/internet provider, your outgoing mail server has to be changed - your provider should be able to give you the address to use.

I uiders se an Eircom email address & when I switched broadband providers sending mail gave a similar error.

I had to change the outgoing mail server to the one recommended by BT

Works fine now.

Contact your provider for the one to use.

Alternatively, the web version via eircom.net works ok

hi thanks for your replies. I changed the outgoing mail server to my broadband provider and it's working now. Thanks again.

Regards
George