Electrical items for New house

roadrunner

We are on the lookout for Rangemaster, American FF, Washer/dryer, dishwasher, freezer & TVs & reckon we might get extra savings if we hit one strore with the lot. besides Powercity or DID electrical does anyone know any places might be worth checking out? thanks

I know with Powercity I bought in dribs and drabs but mentioned when buying that i'd bought there before, they ask for your number when placing an order so can see you've been there. I've been given good discounts each time.

I'm doing something similar, not as many items but trying as many places as I can think of. I tried Curry's but they were off the scale, you might have better luck. Usually I find DID will match other places, and their customer services to date has been good so I'm leaving them until last. Discount Electrical in Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1 might be worth a try as well.

Hi,

I was going to get my appliances from as they were working out a lot cheaper than here. However I ended up getting them from Donaghy Bros based in Limavaddy in Co.Derry. They were slightly cheaper than trade appliances but they did not charge for delivery. I think that trade appliances were charging 300e to deliver. Very nice to deal with and all appliances arrvied without any problems.

Regards

thanks, Would both deliver to Southern Ireland (Kilkenny)?

Trade Appliances will definitly deliver. Donaghy will probably deliver if you are getting a few appliances from them. They delivered to me and I am way down south!!

if ye have any problems with appliances will they send an engineer all the way from limavady to kilkenny? id rather pay an extra few quid and keep it local

Just checked out electrical appliances - there is a rangemaster for £1,372 that I saw in a local store for €2,550 at the weekend.
If I buy this are there any additional charges, taxes I have to pay?

We bought a Rangemaster electric cooker from Hardys in Newry (no connection) and saved approximately €400. The delivery charge was about £50 to Galway.

thanks, Would both deliver to Southern Ireland (Kilkenny)?
Hello Roadrunner,
The best shop to buy from by far is right on your doorstep!, Electro city on the dublin road. I spent 3 months pricing electrical stuff for my new house that I bought in waterford. I was looking for a rangemaster elan 110 with matching hood, whirlpool american ice maker fridge in black, and Samsung 42" lcd with stand. The best quote i got was from K&D in waterford with 6500 euro. I then tried Electro city and got the lot for 5200 euro!!!! I could not believe the diffrence in price. The staff are a great bunch of people and very helpful,they even gave me free delivery to waterford after some haggling.
I could not believe that after scouring the entire country for a good price, the best place was right on my doorstep ( I am from kilkenny originally )
ps I have no affiliation with any stores mentioned, just a very happy customer

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks manus - the price quoted above was for the Rangemaster in electrocity. but taking all things like delivery & future problems into account - this might be the place to trade. Hopefully thier January sale will knock a bit off.

thanks manus - the price quoted above was for the Rangemaster in electrocity. but taking all things like delivery & future problems into account - this might be the place to trade. Hopefully thier January sale will knock a bit off.
No prob roadrunner,
Just to give you a tip, any gas cooker boughht in rep. of Ireland has a safety circuit built in where if the gas flame is blown out for whatever reason, the gas shuts off after a period of a few seconds. gas cookers in UK and north dont have this. btw, the price quoted above is a fairly decent price, but haggle for a free hood with it.

We bought in the north as did my brother and they give you the option of meeting the spec required in the south. And yes the savings are there, we saved 900 euro 3/4 years ago buying a Rangemaster 110 all gas. The price difference is not as big now, as my brother boght last year. But it still justifies. The guarantee is covered irregardless of where you buy. All the best.

thanks for the advice there - probably haggle with electrocity & see what deal I can cut with them.