Electric toothbrushes.

Meath Lady

I would like to hear from people using these at the moment. Would you recommend one and which one do you use. As prices vary are the more expensive ones worth the price. Any comments valued

All our family use them.

Takes a few goes to get used to the buzzing/vibration.

I do feel that my mouth is clean afterwards, but perhaps it is all in the mind?

I don't think there has been any reduction in plaque build-up.

I got a Braun Oral B.... not an expensive one. It was fine so we ordered 3 more of the same, but inside the box they were all different from mine (but the same as each other).

Mine seems to be suffering from worse battery performance.

This was about a year ago.

If you're going to buy, it probably makes sense to wait for one of the frequent half-price offer periods.

I checked and the one I got which didn't have a great battery was actually an Oral Fresh. The others are Oral B, and I'm pretty sure, like mentioned, we got them on offer via Argos.

Have bought many different ones down through the years on the offers which were mainly in Argos. Might have bought one half-price in Superdrug in Square.

Dentist recommended that I get one even though I had already been using one for years :D

Teeth always feel much cleaner than when brushed with an ordinary toothbrush.

The brushes can be expensive if bought at full price so like Leo says buy them on offer in Argos just like the toothbrushes themselves.

I have always had a preference for Oral B brand.

There are some older threads here.

I am huge fan of the Phillips Ultra Sonic / Sonicare - fantastic rechargable brush with various setting (depending on the model you purchase). Worth shopping around for deals, try Argos, Boots, Sam McCauleys, prices can vary and they are often on sale.

Invested in one after having orthodontic work done and am often asked if I have bleached my teeth - never have, the brush does the work!

Back