Electric shower - cost of installation by plumber

Lambchops65

Hi,

I'm looking at installing an electric shower in an old house (I'll just be living there for 3 mths so not looking to spend a fortune). The showers themselves seem reasonable enough but how much should I budget for a plumber to remove the existing (broken) shower and install the new one?
The store can recommend various plumbers.
Also do shower doctors do this or do they just fix showers?

Thank you.

Is there an existing broken electric shower there already ? If there is it will be a lot cheaper as they will not have to wire up the place.

Remove old and replace with new would be an hours work at most.€100 at most as a nixer for a qualified plumber.get a company in too do it your talking €150/200
That's you providing all material including the new shower

Some electric showers are better than others, but if there is an existing broken one there and you only need it for a few months, you should go for the same model replacement - or one with the same "footprint". It should be simpler and, therefore, cheaper to install. The plumber should be able to advise you as to a more or less like-for-like replacement, more so than the store.

Thanks All.
Yes, there is an existing Mira (I think) shower there already so as you said I may try and replace with a similar footprint.
Trying to find a local plumber to do a nixer who can get here within the next few months will be impossible - I've 2 friends and both are waiting 8+ weeks so I reckon I may have to go with a recommended one.

Not sure what part of the country you are in but the ShowerDoctor replaced our Mira electric (12 years old) with a similar but much quieter new model for €350 supplied and fitted. Very happy with their service.

garbanzo

Thanks All.
Yes, there is an existing Mira (I think) shower there already so as you said I may try and replace with a similar footprint.
Trying to find a local plumber to do a nixer who can get here within the next few months will be impossible - I've 2 friends and both are waiting 8+ weeks so I reckon I may have to go with a recommended one.

Where are you located ?

Not sure what part of the country you are in but the ShowerDoctor replaced our Mira electric (12 years old) with a similar but much quieter new model for €350 supplied and fitted. Very happy with their service.

garbanzo
+1 on the recommendation to fit a quiet running model. AFAIK not any more expensive.

Got sorted thanks. Went with Mira Elite as got a good deal & similar to old model that’s there. Family friend (semi retired) plumber is doing the removal & install for great deal too so has worked out well. Thanks.
Note-got the shower from Chadwicks Lucan.

Back