Electric Shower constantly mad hot

blueshoes

Over the past week or so the electric shower has been driving us mad. It is mad hot all the time, no matter if you turn it down to cold it still stays hot. If you twist the knob on the top dont know the name sorry but it does nothing aswell. Then in the middle of the shower sometimes it goes freezing.

Its a nighmare i dont know if im going to freeze my feet of or burn my head on it one of these mornings.

Any ideas as to the cause or solution would be greatly appreciated? :)

this happened with mine and my dad fixed it by cleaning out the head nozzle thingy. he said there was limescale build up!! did the trick. I know i have a build up every few months because the shower goes drastic hot. i just clean it out myself now. problem solved for me anyway... dont know if yours is the same problem.

Er, what sort of shower? What is heating the water? Is the cold tap/feed working OK? Was it working OK before this? If so did anything change that might have caused the problem? Are hot/cold taps working OK otherwise?

Could there be a problem with lime building up in the heating element? Do you live in a hard water area?

Knowing the make of the shower is important, I know Mira changed their heating elements to combat lime scale build up.

We had the same thing, was limescale build up - got a little sachet of remover, soaked head in it for ten minutes - works fine for about 6 weeks until we get more lime build up :mad:

Either that or thermostat is gone

Thanks for the replys. I cleaned the head of it this morning and it seems to be a bit better. We live in a very hard water area. Everything gets limescale in it just didnt think that that would cause the shower to stay hot!

Make of shower is triton90 never any problem with hot/cold taps anywhere in the house. was working perfect before this :)

Back