Electric shocks from car

NHG

Summer has arrived and I have started to wear crocs for the last two weeks, anytime that I have been in the car either driving or as a pasenger when I get out I am geting what I can only describe as electric shocks, I don't get them from the car but the next metal thing that I touch, handle on back door, filing cabinet in work.

Yesterday my dad handed me the cordless phone at the door and he got a shock off me. I am wearing leather sandals today and no shocks, is there anything that I can do with the car to prevent me geting these shocks as I am sure they are not good for my health.

I used to get shocks off the freezer doors in Dunnes Stores in Kilkenny a few years ago or anything metal in the shop after they refurbished the store, alot of people used to get them then and I see that they have chains from some of the trollies there now.

I know the obvious answer is to stop wearing the crocs - but they are so comfy

I had'nt got a shock in about 3 years until now.

My mam had a thing fitted to the underneath of her car, it was like a long straight piece of rubber which ran from the underneath of the car (towards the rear) onto the ground.

She hasnt had a shock from the car since!

Its a build up of static by the way!

The item is called Anti Static and you can get it for your car and even as a bracelet for your wrist.

I am the very same recently. Always after getting out of the car and the next metal thing I touch I get a shock. So annoying. I'd say my neighbours think I'm mad as I kinda dance around the gates to avoid getting a shock.

I am the very same recently. Always after getting out of the car and the next metal thing I touch I get a shock. So annoying. I'd say my neighbours think I'm mad as I kinda dance around the gates to avoid getting a shock.
Or she may think that you are preparing for an appearance in front of Simon Cowell