Electric Ireland Standing Order

dubdub123

Hey I have my gas and electric with electric ireland and have Direct Debit set up.
Previously I've made ad-hoc payments to the accounts but I'd like to build this into my monthly budget to pat approx 100 euro each month against each bill.
Some bill cycles will leave me in credit and if not my direct debit will kick in.

I'm trying to find the IBAN details and their website is providing one set of details but the bills provide another. I'm guessing maybe it changed over time but which one is accurate? I plan to trial it first with a tenner against each bill and if all goes OK to increase to 100 monthly.

The suppliers have budgeting options which would suit your needs. Paying by standing order will cause issues

Agree with Fortune - most providers offer level pay options (a fixed average payment each month rather than the actual bill). This would be the best option

I'd prefer to stay away from the level pay option as I've heard this being underestimated at times, resulting in large bill.

I have previously paid adhoc amounts on line or at post office without any issue and just want to formalise this, so I don't need to remember to do it.

Let's get back to basics here - why wouldn't the take your money?

Furthermore, if it's transferred into their account, it's already paid to them, unless they go to the trouble of trying to return it.

I can't see it being an issue myself just they have conflicting info across their website and bills regarding where to send an electronic transfer.

Why?

I've done this in the past, with other providers, with no issues.
Someone has to go through their bank account and figure out who is paying amounts to their account and why. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't

Last edited:
Online or in the post office is different to standing order, as they will be directly assigned to your account

I'm able to make ad hoc payments to BGE with their app. I actually prefer manual payments for all my bills so I never have a DD payment taken for any of my bills and I don't want to automise anything in terms of bills. Aren't Yuno the cheapest currently? Would they offer what you require on payments?

To be honest i haven't looked at other providers recently but it may be a good time to check.
For now though I can manually make additional payments so might stick to that so I've more control. Just thought if I had SO it would become part of my monthly budget and be out of my credit union account .

The suppliers have budgeting options which would suit your needs. Paying by standing order will cause issues

I think the OPs intention is to have a running standing order as well as the direct debit so there should be no issues, there will simply be a regular payment going in, Electric Ireland will still have the privilege of taking money from the OP's account where they bill more than the standing order.

That's it exactly! Regular standing order and some months the accounts will be in credit and when not, the direct debit will kick in. Currently I'm paying advocate amounts so just want to automate it