Electric Heater Recommendation

dodo

Looking for an electric heater for my bedroom that is attached to neighbours garage. Room has a normal radiator but room still bit cold. Just need a blast from electric heater for couple of hours. Wat would be a good one and are they really expensive to run.

A small oil filled radiator might work, takes a while to heat up but you get the benefit of if taking a while to cool down after use, all electric heaters are efficient in that they use all of their k/w's with no waste however they are not cheap to run, I used these in an apartment for a winter and didn't think it was an impossible charge for extra heat.

For background heater I use portable convectors, which are controlled by a thermostat, only coming on when temperature falls below what you find comfortable. For greater economy you could use a 24 hour timer, so the only hours the heater works are ones where you will be in the room and feel the benefit.

Have you checked why the normal radiator isn't enough to heat the room? Is it properly balanced (with the shield valve). Is it undersized? You could run your water temperature a little higher.

You could always look at infrared panel heaters which are supposed to be efficient and offer instant heat. The old Dimplex oil portable heaters for around 20€ are a bit out of date at this stage. I am looking myself at these (panel) heaters for use in rooms as they are been used as opposed to putting on central heating and switching rads on and off. They can be electronically switched to come on by timer on a weekly basis. If anyone has one in use they might post a review.

Back