electric cooker in island?

Abbica

A penny for your thoughts on this but we are putting an Aga into our new kitchen but I don't want to leave it on all year round due to the heat and cost of oil so we will turn it off in mid Spring, back on in autumn. So, we need an alternative cooking source during these months, and I don't like the idea of an electric cooker in the island with the big hood hanging down in the middle of the kitchen so I looked at getting the electric Aga companion which would fit perfectly beside the aga, looks great but it comes at a cost of €5,000 (basically just an electric cooker with the aga look). Do you think I am mad spending this money on an electric cooker, just seems a waste to take away from the aga by putting a standard electric cooker right in front of it in the island? we don't have space on the walls either for the cooker so it would have to be the island. Don't you have to have an extractor fan for the electric cooker because we will also have one above the Aga. Himself is not convinced and I am starting to waiver although I would love it, plus to top it all off, money is very tight.

Hi.

What did you install after. Im in the same boat as yourselves, would love an aga but cant really justify it !

Hey, I didn't go with the companion, it is just too dear. Basically, I put the electrick cooker beside the AGA. Rather that than in the island. So, to make it unnoticable, we got a hob with no nobs (touch screen) and seperate oven, very simplistic and integrated it into our cabinets which our kitchen designer is doing for us to work along side our AGA with just a large hood across the aga and hob. Not ideal but it is best solution in my eyes to get the best out of both without comprimising much on the look.

Back